As a quirky girl, I've had the tendency to date young. And recently, due to some repeat issues, I've decided it has to stop. (Reader warning: Broad generalizations ahead.)
Some fine examples of younger man behavior:
The walk-out. Younger guys are passionate, sure, great, horray. This translates into passionate fights as well. One guy stormed out of dinner, leaving me with the check and a two-year old date I had to go outside and console. I still have nooo idea what I said. In fact, I'm pretty sure I didn't say anything.
The job. Really? You want to talk about your job as a photographer at a tourist spot like it's a career again? We've had this same isn't-it-funny-how-old-ladies-love-group-pictures talk 15 times. Pleeaaase admit it's a job you could have had at 6 Flags when you were 16. In fact, I did have that job. JOB.
The awkward and the overconfident. It's a great divide. Younger men tend to have either zero confidence or a vast, neverending, overwhelming amount. Either way, it's a real turnoff.
There's also an amazing level of introspection and self-absortion. (Says the girl with a blog.) I guess it seems like most dudes in their mid-twenties just don't know who they are or what they want to be doing yet. This usually translates to them not knowing what they want out of a relationship as well. Which is just painful for everyone. I've heard the general rule for how young you should go is half your age plus 7 years (so if you're 28, you can date someone who's 21), but personally, I think I have to go half plus 13. The math-free (and preferable option) is to just date someone my same age or older.
Of course, there are perils to dating older as well - Dad Pants!
4.16.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment